The state of Tennessee has had a fantastic year for kicking specialists in high school. Kickers like Landon Foster (Kentucky commitment), Henrique Ribeiro (TN Kicker of the Year), and George Bullock (Tennessee commitment) have brought great notoriety and success for the kickers in the state of Tennessee.
There have been quite a few kicking specialists who hit long field goals this season including:
- Henrique Ribeiro (Baylor): hitting 57, 52, and 50 yard field goals and winning the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year
- Ben Ogle (Greeneville): kicking a 57 yard field goal
- Jonathan King (Farragut): hitting 4 field goals past 50 yards
- For kickers to stay healthy throughout the season by using an organized workout plan
- For there to be continued improvements in scholarships for kickers in Tennessee
- For fans to understand that the game is not decided by just a field goal. There were approximately 100 more plays that also determined the outcome.
- For kicking specialists to put more importance on weight training
- For High School and College coaches to put more of an emphasis on the kicking game
- For kickers to earn more respect by being more involved in the weight room and team activities. Football has changed...you can't stroll off the soccer field anymore and expect the respect of your teammates.
- For kicking specialists to put more emphasis on the mental game. Mental training isn’t just for the “big kick”. Mental training will help you the entire season.
- For kickers to focus on making the field goals inside 40 yards instead of worrying about the "long ball".
- · For coaches, fans, and teammates to understand that kickers decide close games…ask Alabama, Oregon, and Oklahoma State. It is the hidden yardage in games...whether it is punts, kickoffs, or a field goal.10. For Tennessee’s kickers to improve and for Alabama’s kickers to stay the same (just kidding)
Overall is has been a wonderful 2011 for football kickers in Tennessee . I want to thank everyone who has made my life so incredible including my family, my friends, my little dog Honey, and my kicking clients. All of you have made this my best year so far in my life and I hope 2012 is even better!